I helped my sister move back to college for the spring semester last weekend. It was a 12 hour car ride (round trip) and the drive gave me the time to clearly think with little distractions. There is something about driving through corn fields that gives you a newfound perspective on life.
Here are 5 things I realized after driving for 12 hours:
1. There will never be a “good time” to do anything. You will never feel fully ready to make a big or small decision in your life. The beauty in this is that time is your greatest gift and you get to decide what to do with it.
2. You will never know with 100% certainty that a decision you make in the moment will be a good one. Even with this uncertainty, you make the decision anyway and are brave for doing so.
3. Listen to others. Really listen. Don’t just pretend to listen as you think about what to say in your response.
4. Sometimes you just need to put on your favorite song and dance the worries away.
5. Don’t forget to take deep breaths. Everything will be ok.